I am an Electrochemist who specializes in the use of (ultra)microelectrodes as an electroanalytical tool. I currently work on automating electrochemical methodologies by including data analysis and machine learning with the goal of having a fully unsupervised electrochemical laboratory for applications in energy conversion and storage. I rely heavily on simulations (Soft Potato and Comsol) and programming. In my free time I develop Soft Potato, an Electrochemistry simulator. I am also an avid user of GNU/Linux. Contact me through Twitter or through my Soft Potato email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Higher Research Scientist, National Physical Laboratory, London, UK, Feb 2022 - present.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Beckman Institute, UIUC, USA, Feb 2021 - Jan 2022.
- Ph.D. in Electrochemistry, University of Southampton, UK, Sep 2015 - Nov 2019.
- M.Sc. in Manufacturing Systems, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico, Jan 2013 - May 2015.
- Dr. Marcelo Videa: "Electrochemical synthesis of TiO2 nanotubes by potentiostatic anodization of titanium foils in a non-corrosive electrolythic bath"
- B.Sc. in Engineering Physics, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico, Aug 2007 - Dec 2012.
- Poster prize from Symposium 18. ISE Conference, Belgrade Oline, 2020.
- ECS travel grant to attend AiMES, Cancun, Mexico, 2018.
- RSC travel grant to attend ECS conference, New Orleans, USA, 2017.
- First place, PhD student poster competition, School of Chemistry, University of Southampton, 2017.
- Second place, Master thesis in Electrochemistry, SMEQ, Monterrey, Mexico, 2016.
- CONACYT-I2T2, PhD scholarship, Monterrey, Mexico, 2015.
- CONACYT, MSC Scholarship, Monterrey, Mexico, 2013.
- 8 - J. Cabana, T. Alaan, G. W. Crabtree, O. Rodriguez, et al. "NGenE 2022: Electrochemistry for Decarbonization", ACS Energy Letters, vol. 8, p. 740-747, Dec 2022.DOI: 10.1021/acsenergylett.2c02587
- 7 - M. A. Pence, O. Rodriguez, N. G. Lukhanin, C. M. Schroeder, J. Rodriguez-Lopez. "Automated measurement of electrogenerated redox species degradation using multiplexed interdigitated electrode arrays", ACS Measurement Science Au, in press. Open access. Invited. DOI: acsmeasuresciau.2c00054
- 6 - Z. Angeles-Olvera, A. Crespo-Yapur, O. Rodriguez, J. L. Cholula-Diaz, L. M. Martinez, M. Videa, "Nickel-based electrocatalysts for water electrolysis", Energies, vol. 15, 1609, Feb 2022. Open Access and Preprint.DOI: 10.3390/en15051609
- 5 - O. Rodriguez and G. Denuault. "The influence of the oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) on Pt oxide electrochemistry", ChemElectroChem, vol. 8, p. 3525, Aug 2021. Invited contribution to Prof. Marcin Opallo's Festschrift.DOI: 10.1002/celc.202100710
- 4 - O. Rodriguez and G. Denuault. "The electron transfer kinetics of adsorbed species derived by sampled current voltammetry", Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 882, p. 115021, Feb 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.jelechem.2021.115021
- 3 - C. O. Soares, O. Rodriguez, G. Buvat, M. Duca, S. Garbarino, D. Guay, G. Denuault and A. C. Tavares, "Sampled current voltammetry for kinetic studies on materials unsuitable for rotating discs or microelectrodes: application to the oxygen reduction reaction in acidic medium", Electrochimica Acta, p. 136946, Aug. 2020.DOI: 10.1016/j.electacta.2020.136946
- 2 - O. Rodriguez-Martinez, L. M. Martinez and M. Videa, "Electropolishing and anodization of titanium in water/ethylene glycol baths for the production of TiO2 nanotubes", Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 22, p. 1, May 2020.DOI: 10.1007/s11051-020-04824-8
- 1 - E. Ortega, O. Rodriguez-Martinez, M. Figueroa-Labastida, A. A. Villa-Pulido, A. Sanchez-Fernandez, R. Cue-Sampedro, M. A. Garcia-Pinilla and J. L. Menchaca, "Long-term influence of chitin concentration on the resistance of cement pastes determined by atomic force microscopy", Physica Status Solidi (a), vol. 213, p. 3110, Jul 2016.DOI: 10.1002/pssa.201600105